Divorce Statistics in Thailand
Divorce statistics are not normally spoken about in Thailand however it has become clear from the last politician to bring it into the foreground that it is on the increase. Not just in Thailand but in Asia in general. Divorce in Thailand used to be a social taboo not to be spoken about but this is starting to take the backseat as society in Thailand changes. Lets compare the rates of divorce by country and see where most do occur and possibly way!
The highest divorce rates in the world are still in the US. InAsia it tends to be far lower as people tend to get married in Thailand or for that matter Asia much later in life. It has been shown that the later in life you get married the more stable the marrige becomes. Those who marry young often marry for the wrong reasons or are not mature enough for marriage itself. These tend to have higher divorce rates as the people get older. Lets compare the countries:
USA — 5.3 divorces per 1,000
Sweden — 2.79 out of every 1,000
- Sri Lanka: 0.015 per 10,000 population
- Thailand: 0.058 per 10,000 population
- Korea: 0.088 per 10,000 population
- China: 0.079 per 10,000 population
- Italy: 0.027 per 10,000 population
- Japan: 0.042 per 10,000 population
- Brazil: 0.026 per 10,000 population
- Australia: 0.252 per 10,000 population
- New Zealand: 0.263 per 10,000 population
- Russia: 0.336 per 10,000 population
- Canada: 0.246 per 10,000 population
It can be clearly seen that the countries with patriarchal society have lower divorce rate than those with matriarchal society. The societies where the concept of equality of sexes prevails have higher divorce rates. If you want more information on divorce in Thailand then speak to us online!
Comments are closed.